Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dream Journal: Explaining lucid dreams

OK. The poll is over. SO sad. Anyway, only a few people voted, but that's OK because all the people that voted had fabulous taste in each option. The option that won is Dream Journal. I will be doing the other options too, but not as often as the Dream Journal.


I was thinking that my dream journal will include not only dreams that you have while sleeping, but dreams that I would like to accomplish in life. Plus, like I said in the post about the poll that I will be sharing my lucid dreams.

                Let me give you a little info about lucid dreams, so you can get a better understanding about it. Lucid dreams are kind of like dreams you can control. Most people who have lucid dreams first figure out their skill on accident. I didn't  so that means you can become a lucid dreamer, but it might take a while. It took me about a month of ‘training’ to have my first lucid dream.


                I stumbled into this weird type of dreaming by a website that I went on trying to understand my dreams through a dream dictionary online. I began fascinated with dreams from this one site. I searched all over Google studying about dreams and even watching a documentary about dreams on Netflix. I even debated on making my own documentary because that one didn't share all the facts about dreaming, but I did learn very little from that documentary. I discovered that lucid dreaming is very common, but it fades as you get older in most cases. That means when you hit puberty or usually teenage years.

                So it has been harder for me to lucid dream, but I still have the occasional lucid dream every now and then.  

                Some of the sites I went on explained different ways to ‘train’ yourself into having a lucid dream which strange at the beginning, but sometimes really works. Now since I am more ‘trained’ I don’t rely on them anymore. Some tricks to help you lucid dream is repeating to yourself ‘I’m going to have a dream’ or looking at your hands or something that you always see like your alarm clock. My sister and I even made a tape that went on loop saying I'm going to have a dream. It would play for about twenty minutes while we drift off to sleep. We got a free app that did something like that for you too. It was weird and worked only once after about ten tries.

                My personal experience with lucid dreams or how to have lucid dreams is to just realize your dreaming. My sister agrees that you shouldn’t over think in dreams. That causes you to wake up. I know when I am in a dream and wish something to happen I snap my fingers and it happens or appears. I sometimes even rewind stuff to make other things happen.

                I have so much to say. Maybe I really should re think making that documentary. I’ll let you go. Bye. Dream Journal entries coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and reading my blog. I will try to reply.