Guess, what? It's story time.
A month ago, as I told you, I was on vacation. I went to New Orleans with my family. We were totally out of our element. We never went south west of Tennessee. Anyway back to the story we were going to go to the aquarium there. To get there we were going to take the street car since it was cheaper than parking in a 20 dollar parking lot for every time we stopped somewhere and still have to walk a mile to get to our destination. It just didn't make sense, so my dad (he made this whole decision by himself) decided let's go get some street car tickets.We drove around looking for this building that would sell us tickets for the street car. We found the building. My family being completely clueless circled the block about five times looking for a space to park to go inside. We could only find handicapped spots right in front of this building. Some people were parking along the street. My mom even suggested to park at a fast food restaurant (it was either Burger King or McDonald's). We found that it was a parking garage connected to the building. We had to be buzzed inside. The person who answered let us up. We parked all the way at the top.
I am so afraid of heights and strange places that I was literally freaking out.
We walked down these dingy stairs with this bad lighting. I was terrified. This place didn't look so friendly. We found this door that was extremely heavy for me (I'm not that strong). We went inside the door. I held the door with my foot just in case we get locked down there. To our right was some sort of room with big windows. It had a TV, chairs, and food in there. It was a break room. My Dad opened another door and quickly shut it back.
I started freaking out. I knew we somehow ended up in the wrong building. My mom was saying this is a real business place. I was about to go back into the door. Everyone followed the direction from were we came. Here comes a guy in his work uniform approaching us wondering what the heck we were doing there. I felt like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He was very nice and lead us to front room through the main work room. It was bus repair place. It was some pretty banged up buses in there. Ugh. I felt so stupid and awkward at this moment. He told us how to get back to our car when we were done.
Turns out the whole time the tickets for the streetcar was on the outside of the building in a little corner. The security lady was really nice and told us that she thought we worked there. She's only been working there a few months and doesn't know everybody yet.
We had a strange adventure that day. Oh, the weird places tourists end up.
![]() |
| Why can't I just have a normal vacation for once? Just chilling some where nice. Where the people serve you all day. That would be nice. Just a do nothing day. NOTHING. |


Haha! That sounded fun.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was definitely something to remember.
Delete