It has been one of those books that I read all it in a just a few days which is rare for me because I have a very picky taste in books and a busy schedule (I pretend to have a busy schedule, but in reality I just have a lot of unfinished projects and a short attention span if I'm not interested). I really enjoyed this book. Yes, it is predictable, but it is so funny how the author tells the story. I loved how the author gave the main character, Sarah, a voice.
The novel is a modern retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac.
The Sarah and Kristen are both partners in crime of getting this guy named Rock to fall for Kristen even though Sarah likes him too.
"At first when I heard the name Rock I instantly thought of The Rock, duh. Who wouldn't?" My inner girly-girl voice says. Then once I got to know the character, he was a honest, smart person.
To the characters, he is whole packet and more. The book is pretty self-explanatory on the back cover which says:
Sarah loves Rock.
Kristen loves Rock.
Rock loves ?????
And honestly I don't know why I picked up the book. The summary to me didn't really capture the good of the book. Yes, those lines are the gist of the book, but the gist of the book is so boring and predictable. The detail and characters make the story enjoyable and that's what I love about the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting and reading my blog. I will try to reply.