I love reading, but summer reading projects are not the same. It's called summer break for a reason. A teacher picks out this boring book that you end up having to do a report or take a test about. Usually after you read the book and take a test over it, you never hear about that book again. Then it pops up on the final exam and your like: I don't remember anything from that book. What was the name of it again?
That's me. I been reading this book called The Stealth of Nations. It is about the economy and stuff like that. It is really boring and it's not because of the topic. It is because of the author. The way he writes seems like you're in a conversation with a very interesting person, but he's super boring. He's a details man. He rambles. He says the same thing like three times and then moves to a complete opposite standpoint. It is like he's having a conversation with himself and your on the side nodding in agreement with him.
Personal, I lost interest in the book and it has been such a drag reading it. I think this 258-small-print-paged book could be chopped in half and still made sense and have all the information in it.
After reading a good 40 pages on the book I found Neuwirth, the author, on this website talking about his book to an audience in Europe. After watching the video, I had a new respect. Watching him on that stage, it made the book earlier to understand. In that 15 minutes of talking he basically summed up his book.
His book doesn't seem like him. He is not a rambler or boring. I think it is time I give this book a second chance. (Plus, my grade depends on it. I have no choice.)

you have been nominated for the leibster award
ReplyDeletehttp://diaryahemjournalofalonelygirl.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/yay-i-won-something-but-what/
follow the link :)
thanks
Delete