It depends. What are you looking for in a blog? Fame? Intellect? Networking? Money? Reflection?
In this day and age, bloggers are a dying breed.

The creative ambition to sit and write something of substance is tiring for me. Today, people seem to be fast-paced, abbreviated nonsense, but that is okay. Social media is evolving and bloggers can totally be a part of it. I think it just takes a little more effort than it did before. You have to make yourself known to the world because the internet is clouded with others trying to self-promote.
It just takes dedication and persistence. I'm still trying to convince myself that blogging is worth for me. Personal reflection and inspiration is why I am blogging. I find comfort in ranting and sharing my current feeling in the blogoshpere. I want to grow as a writer and express myself in a creative space; a place that is untouched by the physical world; an innovative virtual reality that allows me process my thoughts.
Blogging is worth it. Blogging is worth it, if you have passion. You have to have a purpose. Why are you writing? All you need is passion for what you are writing (plus good marketing strategies) and everything else will come with time.

The creative ambition to sit and write something of substance is tiring for me. Today, people seem to be fast-paced, abbreviated nonsense, but that is okay. Social media is evolving and bloggers can totally be a part of it. I think it just takes a little more effort than it did before. You have to make yourself known to the world because the internet is clouded with others trying to self-promote.
It just takes dedication and persistence. I'm still trying to convince myself that blogging is worth for me. Personal reflection and inspiration is why I am blogging. I find comfort in ranting and sharing my current feeling in the blogoshpere. I want to grow as a writer and express myself in a creative space; a place that is untouched by the physical world; an innovative virtual reality that allows me process my thoughts.
Blogging is worth it. Blogging is worth it, if you have passion. You have to have a purpose. Why are you writing? All you need is passion for what you are writing (plus good marketing strategies) and everything else will come with time.
| Sums it up quite nicely. |
Great thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI find that blogging works best for me as a form of communication because:
-I need space and time to process and blogging communication can run a little slower than other social media forms.
-I need some space and freedom to respond to other's work. Blogging comments all for that best.
-I prefer greater investment in less outlets that have more depth to more presence with repetitive or shallow content.
Blogging is definitely and investment though, and you have to be able to post at least weekly to keep an audience...if you ever manage to get one in the first place lol.
I completely agree with investing in an social media outlet like blogging. Some people use repetitive, unoriginal tags to attract viewers in other social media platforms. It gets boring. I definitely need to be persistent in my writing to attract the readers that I want. Thanks for commenting.
Delete