Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gym class? I rather not.

In my school we have this little thing called Physical Education and every time I take it, it sucks. This school year I have Gym all year long. That wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so clumsy and actual hand-eye coordination.

People tell ask me all the time why I hate gym class. I just do. I never really liked or had an interest in team sports. I am not a team kind of person. If I happen to be in a team, I am a team player but if I had my choice I would want to work on my own thing every time.

Back to my story, I heard all these stories about how gym was going to make me so tired and sore. I heard how I was going to be doing circuit training to the max (a series of little workouts. Ex: push ups, sit ups, jumping rope, and jumping jacks).  I was so afraid of this class and this man. I hadn't exercised in about a three weeks so I amused I would be sore in the morning.

The night before I packed my gym clothes and went to sleep thinking that I was going to have an awful time (I had a lot of bad gym experiences in the past Ex. falling in class, sitting out of activities, and awkward dances. The things they made us do).

When it was finally in gym at the end of the day I was freaking out.

The stretching part at the beginning where everyone was standing perfectly apart was very awkward. The coach barked out all these orders and different stretches. When we did our circuit training we didn't stand in one place very long to really 'feel the burn' which was fine but we never really got started.

By the end of it though I was fine. I survived and it wasn't that bad. I think I did pretty well.  I was more in shape than I thought  I was.

I let all those people freak me out for nothing. I had to see and experience it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and reading my blog. I will try to reply.